The (not so) Red Velvet Cake

Posted by Unknown Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Have you ever had an idea that you think is perfect for the Holidays?  I did.  I was going to make a red velvet cake with green frosting! 
Now I am not big on using food coloring.  In fact the amount of food coloring you have to use to make a red velvet cake creeps me out!  Seriously, I think that after I eat a slice of the cake I am going to sweat red food coloring.  Now mix in green food coloring but mix it into the frosting and have someone that has no idea what they are doing with food coloring do it.  Sometimes you get one of those 1970 Mint Puke Green car colors that is about as appetizing as the hair cuts and music from the 70's... 
Now that you have a really great looking cake let it sit over night in the refrigerator so that the way to much green dye you used can soak into the red velvet cake making a delicious mud brown outline.  Then serve it to your family and see how much of it is eaten?!?

0 comments

Post a Comment

Keep Us Cooking

Store

Coming Soon!!!